Voted America’s #2 Happiest Seaside Town:
Harwich | The best place to stay on Cape Cod!
The best place to stay on Cape Cod means different things to different travelers. Why are you traveling and what do you enjoy on holiday? For us, the best place to stay is where we have the best access to explore our new surroundings. We live like a local in our travels and soak up as much as we can as we discover the best of where we happen to be. Harwich drew us like a bonfire with its central Cape location, direct access to the beach and bike trails, farm to table restaurants, almost everything is walkable, and Provincetown is the same distance as Falmouth so we can easily explore the entire Cape. Now our goal is to bring it to our Guests via customized itineraries so your vacation is everything it should be.
Two of our favorite places to visit on the Cape are Provincetown and Falmouth but, the distance between the two is a couple hours…more in High Season. When we first came to Cape Cod we chose Harwich because it opens up both sides of the Cape without too much wasted travel time in between. For us, the decision was easy because we like to see it all! As an unintended consequence we found that Harwich is also about the same distance to Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket with drive and ferry time considered. For travelers searching for the best place to stay on Cape Cod, it’s about making this a vacation of your dreams…what is important to you is what defines where you should be.
Harwich | The Bike Trail is Close, the Beaches Closer!
Cape Cod is about slowing it down and enjoying life to the fullest. The best way to do that is to walk or bike wherever you can and Harwich is a walkable town. We love jumping on a bike and riding to the beach, to town for a meal, or to the Rail Trail to explore the Cape. No matter which way you are going you can get there in under 15 minutes from the Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, Harwich’s best Luxury Inn.
- Downtown Dennisport: 3 minute bike ride/ 10 minute walk
- Restaurants: 3-20 minute walk from the Inn (6 different Eateries)
- Downtown Harwich Port: 15-20 minute bike ride
- Beach: 5 minute bike ride/ 15 minute walk
- Rail Trail (bike trail): 15 minute bike ride
- Bell’s Neck Nature Area: 6 minute bike ride/ 15-20 minute walk
To decide on the best place to stay on Cape Cod, access and walkability were high on our list. Harwich has it all and we have discovered that having very little time to spend enjoying the best place on Earth (as Innkeepers) we are glad to have easy access to nearly everything when we do get a breather.
When we were looking for the best place to stay on Cape Cod the first trip here we, of course, used Trip Advisor. Now, as Innkeepers, we love when Guests share their experience with other travelers! The circle comes around. Below are some of our favorite reviews that mentioned the location of the Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn.
- Great for first-time visitors who need direction on how to make the most of their trip to the Cape, as well as long-time visitors looking for a convenient, centralized place to stay.
- The location is in a nice little neighborhood yet within walking distance of shops and restaurants.
- Perfect location for trips all along the coast, from Falmouth to Ptown and the beaches in between.
- Great location for exploring the best of Cape Cod.
- Highlights were breakfast (seriously scrumptious and creative), access to bike trails and beaches and the Hogans’ excellent recommendations for kayaking and Clean Slate Restaurant.
- This was our first time in the area and we couldn’t have chosen a better location. The inn is centrally located for visiting lower, mid and outer cape towns and attractions, there are fab restaurants on the doorstep and the beach is a short walk away.
The Inn is in a quiet location with just a short walk to the beach and local restaurants.
If you know someone coming to the Cape that would enjoy this article, please share with them!
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy some of these related articles from the Local’s Guide:
- Best Time to Visit Cape Cod
- Best Harwich Beaches to Play N Swim
- Top 5 Things to do on Cape Cod | Spring Edition